Thomas Jopling Sr.
Thomas Jopling Sr. son of Ralph Jopling of England was born May 8,Henrico County., Virginia, and died September 01, 1789 in Rockfish River, Amherst Co VA.
Thomas Jopling Sr. was married
to Hannah Freeman the daughter of George and Jane Freeman of Henrico
The Children of Thomas Jopling and Hannah Freeman Jopling are:
1. Hannah Jopling was born May 1754. She married Samuel Allen November 1771 in Amherst County, Virginia, son of John Allen and Bethena Nevil.
Children of Hannah Jopling and Samuel Allen are:
i. George Allen
ii. Jesse Allen
iii. Samuel H. Allen
iv. Martha Allen
v. Bethena Allen
vi. Lucy Allen
2. Jane Jopling m. Robert Davis
3. Lucy Jopling m. Edmund Powell
4. Ralph Jopling b. 1743 Goochland Co. VA died of small pox 1776 Philadelphia, PA. He married Alsey Allen daughter of John Allen and Bethena Nevil.. Alsey predeceased he husband because trinkets were left for his mother, Hannah.
Child of Ralph Jopling and Alsey Allen is:
Jesse Jopling b. Abt. 1776; d. March 1837, Albemarle County VA. Unmarried
5. James Jopling was born Bef. 1735 in Goochland, VA, and died Abt. 1829 in Albemarle County VA. He married Martha "Patsy".
6. Anne Jopling b. Abt 1740 m. Benjamin Childress
Children of James Jopling and Martha are:
i. Sally Jopling, b. Abt. 1765.
ii. Joseph Jopling, m. (1) Susannah Bridgewater, February 13, 1790, Henrico County., Virginia; m. (2)Margaret Graham, January 02, 1811, Albemarle County VA.
iii. Jerusha Jopling, m. William Thomas, March 27, 1810, Albemarle County VA.
iv. Nancy Jopling, m. Joseph Ward, July 04, 1801, Albemarle County VA.
v. Elizabeth Jopling, b. Albemarle County VA; d. 1838, Ripley County, Indiana; m. George Livingston, October 22, 1785, Albemarle County VA.
vi. Patsey Jopling
vii. Judy Jopling
viii. James Jopling, m. Sarah Ball, November 26, 1799, Albemarle County VA.
7. Martha Jopling b. Abt 1740
8. Josiah Jopling b. Abt. 1747, Amherst County Va; d. Abt. 1797, Amherst County Va. He married Elizabeth Ware December 01, 1767 in Amherst County Va, daughter of Edward Ware and Elizabeth Garrett(?). He married (2) Susannah Ware Abt. 1790 in Amherst County Va.
Children of Josiah Jopling and Elizabeth Ware are:
i.Hannah Jopling m. (1) Richard Wood, January 05, 1785, Amherst County Va; m. (2) Samuel Bridgewater, April 24, 1789, Amherst County Va.
ii. James Jopling, b. October 27, 1769, Amherst County, Virginia; d. October 05, 1852, Bedford, County, Virginia; m. (1) Nancy Martin, October 21, 1793, Albemarle County VA; m. (2) Mrs. Humphries (Boote), 1835; m. (3) Sarah Rice January 13, 1836, Bedford, County, Virginia.
iii. Edward Ware Jopling, m. Clarry Cox, November 19, 1805, Amherst County Va.
iv. Holman Jopling, b. 1780; d. Abt. 1855; m. (1) Sarah ; m. (2) Mary P. Bridgewater, October 31, 1831, Nelson County Va; m. (3)Rebecca Norvelle, April 25, 1843, Albemarle County Va. He as a school teacher and a private in the War of 1812.
v. William Jopling, b. 1775, Amherst County Va; d. 1855, Nelson County Va; m. Sarah Sally Ware, December 24, 1806, Amherst County Va.
vi. Thomas Jopling, b. August 17, 1782.
vii. Bennett Jopling.
viii. Elizabeth Jopling m. Bridgewater
ix. Sarah Jopling, m. David Turnham, Shelby Co. Ky.
x. Edward Ware Jopling, m. Clarry Cox, November 19, 1805, Amherst County Va.
9. Thomas Jopling b. 1745, Amherst Co VA; d. March 1837. He married Sarah "Salley" Stevens April 06, 1772 in Amherst County VA, daughter of James Stevens and Behethland Taliaferro.
Children of Thomas Jopling and Sarah Stevens are:
i. James Stevens Jopling, b. 1777, Amherst County VA; m. (1) Nancy Giddens, September 11, 1805, Amherst County Va; Buried Old Cemetary Pulaski Giles TN. m. (2)Rebecca White, November 12, 1834, Kanawha Co. WV.
i. Behethland Jopling, b. 1770-1775; m. Marshall Bowman May 19, 1794, Amherst County, Virginia.
ii. Nancy Jopling, b. 1775-1779; d. Aft. 1812; m Isham Bailey, 1812.
iii. Ralph Jopling, b. 1772-1796.
iv. James Stevens Jopling, b. 1777, Amherst County VA; m. (1) Nancy Giddens, September 11, 1805, Amherst County Va; Buried Old Cemetary Pulaski Giles TN. m. (2)Rebecca White, November 12, 1834, Kanawha Co. WV.
v. Lucy Jopling, m. Joseph Vincent, 1801.
10. Rebecca Jopling b. 1747; d. April 18, 1797, Amherst County, Virginia. She married Pleasant Martin October 02, 1775 in Albemarle County VA, son of Thomas Martin and Anne Moorman.
Child of Rebecca Jopling and Pleasant Martin is:
i. Nancy Martin, b. July 13, 1776, Amherst County, Virginia; d. January 11, 1827, Bedford, County, Virginia; m. James Jopling,
ii. Ralph Martin, b. 1779; m. Signas Price, March 01, 1800.
iii. Martha Martin , b. 1783; m. John Hawkins, October 29, 1799.
iv. Elizabeth Martin, b. September 13, 1785; m. William Powell,
September 02, 1805.
v. Mildred Martin, b. 1787, Albemarle County VA; m. John Palmer, October 17, 1812, Bedford County, VA.
vi. Thomas Martin, b. 1789; m.Mary Brisco Boyd, 1819.
vii.James Martin, b. 1791, Amherst County, Virginia; m. Elizabeth Owesly, October 17, 1812, Bedford County, VA. Lived in Allentown Tenn
viii. Pleasant Martin, b. 1793, Amherst County, Virginia; m. Rebecca Preston.